The ceremorphosis permits an illithid community to control and adapt their population far better than most other race's, allowing them to copy useful capacities of their victims...
Type : Illithid is a template that can be added to any living humanoid, monstrous humanoid, giant, and abberation. The base creature must be from small to large size and must an inteligent race (at least int 6). The base créature type become aberation.
Hit dice : become d8 and if teh base creature has fewer than 8 hit dice, the
creature must be advanced to 8 hit dice.
Speed : same as base creature
AC : +3 natural armor, if the creature as already a natural armor bonus , the creature take the better of the two.
Attacks : the creature gain 4 tentacle attack as his base attack value, if the already has any natural attack, the tentacla are added as secondary attack. (dont forget the BAB become an aberetion BAB)
Damage : tentacle 1d3 for small, 1d4 for medium and 1d6 for large.
Face/reach : same as base creature
Special attacks : the creature retain all his special attack and add these :
- Mind blast : same as the standard illithid capacities
- Psionics : plane shift, charm monster, detect thought, levitate, astral projection, suggestion, all at a caster level equal to illithid creature hit dice with a dc of 10+cha bonus+spell level
- Improved grab : a illithid who hit a foe of a size wirhin one step of his own(S or L for a medium illithid) with a tentacle attack, can freely engage in a grapple if he win he get a hold and can try to attach all his remmaining tentacle, the illithid get a +2 bonus to this check for every tentacle already attached at the beggining of his turn.
- Extract : if an illithid begin his turn with all his tentacle attached on a victim, the illithid extract his brain instantly killing the victim.
Special qualities : the creature retain all his special qualities and add these :
- SR 25, if the creature already has a SR, take the better one.
- Telepathy : illithid can communicate with any creature able to speak a language at a range of up to 100 ft.
Saves : as an aberration, will become good and the other weak
Abilities : improved as follow, str +2, dex +4, con +2, int +8, wis +6, cha +6
Skills : as an abberation of same hit dice
Feats : improved initative and alertness are added as bonus feats
Climate/terrain : subteranean
Organization : same as strandard illithid
Challenge rating :
cr up to 3 : cr +7
cr 4 to 5 : cr +6
cr 6 and more : cr+5
Treasure : double standar
Alignement : usually lawful evil
Advancement : by character class